Back to overview
Firefighting system debottlenecking and upgrading
A common (30 years old) water based firefighting system was protecting Shell site in Gent. The site is shared with four other companies involved as stakeholders. Goal: having an independent firefighting system.
- Adequacy check of the existing firefighting system with the new configuration through checking the associated pump house, the new ringmain layout and the sectional valves position.
- Upgrade the existing firefighting system in order to comply with current applicable Belgian and European standards / the Shell specifications (DEP`s).
- Hydraulic check of the PH ability to provide the required pressure and flowrate for the sprinkler system installed in a High Bay: Warehouse with automated rack storage.
- The tender specifications were prepared in order to perform the required renovation works in the pump house
- Advice in the installer selection process
- Follow-up of the on site works